There are many rumors and speculations given on the 4th Series of RM50 note since its first debut in the market in December 2007. With the relaunched of these notes by Bank Negara Malaysia recently, has the cloud being blown away and sky is getting blue again? Let us recap the development of these series of banknote.
- The first issuance was on 21 December 2007 (shown above) are with 50th Anniversary Logo printed on the reverse of the note.
- The first 20,000 notes was issued with folder i.e. AA0000001 to AA0020000.
- Bank Negara Malaysia intends to launch 50,000,000 notes with Prefix of AA0000001 to AE0000001 with the 50th Anniversary Logo.
- Some speculate that these notes are non-ATM compatibility. Therefore, not many notes surface in the market. Only notes with Prefix AA was released.
- On 15 July 2009, Bank Negara Malaysia has relaunched this 4th Series of RM50 note. These note do NOT have 50th Anniversary Logo printed on the reverse of the note.
- The Prefix of reintroduced RM50 note is starting with Prefix AF0000001.
- The newly introduced of the RM50 has said to incorporate several modern and innovative security featues to deter counterfeiting.